Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Only Seven Weeks!

Seven weeks yesterday I gave birth to Eileen. It seems like she's always been around. I can't remember life without Travis and Eileen. It's a bit weird to think that, I guess. Of course, as soon as I sit down to try and write this she is fussing and wants to be held. So now I am sitting with her in my lap and typing away. We are human beings after all, and we have an amazing ability to adapt.

Against every baby and parenting journal out there I have had Eileen in the jogger stroller already. Our hand me down side by side double stroller reclines just enough and I have a funny little device that keeps her head stable. She's a strong baby and she already holds her head up, so I just try to stay off the rough roads and the three of us go out on lovely 4 mile runs.

I am now up to 8 miles on my "long" runs. I ran that yesterday. My quest is to break the 4 mile a day barrier. Somehow 4 miles seems so easy to get in, but 5 miles not so much! Most days I am pushing the kids in the jogger, so that probably zaps my energy more than I like, but it burns more calories and makes you stronger.  I am lucky to have an understanding husband who will watch the kids while I run, but I don't like to take advantage of this if I don't have to. Lately the weather has not been very good for being outside with the kids because of all the rain. I've decided it is probably time to start retraining my body clock to go to bed early and wake up early so I can run before Don goes to work. I will certainly hate it, but we moms must do what we have to in order to maintain some sense of ourselves.

Last week I went to my 6 week check up. The doctor says everything is fine, considering I've had two big kids. He says my prolapse is not going to get any better without surgery, but I've read otherwise. I've done a lot of research and decided I may try some Yoga moves to help. I really do not enjoy yoga, I am very inflexible after years of running, but I'm willing to try anything!

I'm planning on running my first 5k this upcoming Saturday. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment