Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year New....Same old same old!

OKAY.... here we go again. I'm doing pretty good on my New Year's resolutions, so I might as well try this one again, again. I'm sure you can sympathize with me, being a mom of 3 along with a job and coaching and trying to get in runs at the same time. So I'm thinking you don't mind that I only write a post every 3 months or so, every time saying I will do this more often. LOL, I swear, I will do this more often.

Right now I am doing some work from home. I have been doing some computer work in the loft while my two older children fight over toys down below. It's so stupid really, "Get away from me, play with your own toys.. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH". I want to gouge my eyes out. I know that in a couple hours I will drag my three children to the track, give them toys and some dinner to occupy them while I try to get through a track workout without someone crying or hurting themselves. If I can do that, I will be okay for the day.

Done with my rant, on with my resolutions.
1. I'm trying to stop biting my nails. I've been biting my nails since before I can remember. It's a disgusting habit, I know, and my husband hates it. I've gone 2 weeks with no biting. I find the key is to keep them nicely manicured with a pretty polish.
2. I started going to church again. This past Sunday was the first time in a while. I picked a kid friendly church where I know a lot of people. It worked out great! I hope the trend continues.
3.My little running streak. I had one going after Tyler was born, but right before the holidays I got sick/injured and I took a few days off, so I officially restarted my streak in the New Year. My streak is I have to get in 30 minutes of running every day. The official streakers website says 1 mile, but my streak is more for fitness reasons, so I am opting for 30 minutes!

That's pretty much it. I am done with the official Crossfit craze because of time, membership money, and gas money. I will do mostly body weight workouts from home, focusing on my abs which, lets face it, need a lot of work after 3 babies in 4 years. I did a modified Paleo for 6 weeks and didn't see too much of a change for me, but decided that I really need carbs. Carbs are my friend. Now that I am back to a carb friendly diet and trying to up my running mileage I am getting leaner again, around the middle, where I need it. I have a little over 3 months before I get completely discouraged, meaning....They say it takes you 9 months to get this way (fat), so it will take 9 months to get back (not fat).

This is the end of this post because Tyler is in his walker screaming his head off!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Heather! I do the same, promise to post more then next thing you know 6 months has gone by. HA! I am excited to have you back in the running world! Lets go forward together!
    As for the carb thing - i agree, much needed in the long distance running world. Most my diet is carbs and i still work the 6 pack ;-).
    As for the nail biting - it works but you can't rub your eyes either - run a hot pepper on your nails - its bullet proof - you will never bite them again after one slip up! LOL

    ReplyDelete