Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lemon Chicken

This week I tried the Lemon Chicken recipe out of "Double Delicious". I paired it with couscous and string beans as you can see from the picture. I have to admit, there are times when I look at the recipes and they seem daunting. So I've decided to just take a deep breath and go slowly. What's the worst that could happen? I make a completely inedible dish. I have frozen pizza in the freezer for back up.

This recipe calls for: 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil separated, 3 cups chicken broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons water, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1/2 cup cauliflower puree, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional), 2 large egg whites, 1 large eggs, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

You cook all the ingredients up until the parsley in a sauce pan to make the lemon sauce. This wasn't too bad at all, the cornstarch and cauliflower puree made it somewhat thick. Then you combine the other dry ingredients for the coating and beat the eggs, dredging the chicken in the flour mixture, then the egg and drop it in the oil, 4 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked.

This turned out really well, although the flour coating came off of my chicken when I cut into it, but really I would've eaten it without the coating, especially with the sauce. I used the sauce on the couscous and string beans too. Don and Travis seemed to like it also. I think Travis likes saying couscous more than eating it though. I would make this recipe again!

Today I plan to try the chicken salad recipe. Travis and I have been stuck inside since Monday night because of the lovely lake effect snow showers. So I have plenty of time to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment